Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Michigan Hunters It’s time to Apply For The 2008 Spring Turkey License

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources reminds turkey hunters that this year's spring wild turkey application period ends Feb. 1. The 2008 spring wild turkey hunting season will run from April 21-May 31 and will last from 7 to 41 days, depending on the hunt unit.
A total of 113,890 licenses will be made available through a lottery during the hunter-limited hunt periods. This license total includes 48,890 general licenses and 65,000 private land licenses.

Tags: ,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm hoping to have some luck bagging a bird this spring. When I was younger it was guaranteed that I would shoot a bird during the season because we had ample hunting land. Then we lost all of our spots and I went 5 years without bagging a bird. Two years ago I finally redeemed myself with a beautiful opening morning gobbler, but this year, again without a spot, I struggled on public land an only spotted a hen. Hopefully 2008 will have the gobbler's coming in!

Othmar Vohringer said...

I hope with you that you will bag a gobbler.
Public land hunting can be though. If it is possible to hunt in the afternoon in your state then try it. Most hunters hunt in the morning and thus the birds relax in the afternoon.
-ov-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...